A nurse practitioner is a registered nurse (R.N.) with additional specialized education. Education for nurse practitioners includes advanced nursing and selected medical studies as well as intensive clinical experience. Our NP’s are certified by an accrediting body and licensed in the state of California. Combined, they have over 50 years experience in women’s healthcare.
The Nurse Practitioner’s have close working relationships with the physicians and develop special one-on-one relationships with patients. As skilled clinicians and patient educators, NP’s are dedicated to providing high quality care to our patients.
Our Nurse Practitioners are qualified to provide many health services including:
- Obtaining medical histories
- Physical exams, including Pap smears
- Ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Contraceptive care
- STD screening and follow-up
- Prescribing medications
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Evaluation and treatment of common infections
- Promoting positive health behaviors and self-care through education and counseling